10 Tips for making the best out of the Lent Season
The Lent is a season of spiritual revival meant to elevate our awareness, worship and devotion to God. It is as well a season when we are expected to become holier and made for God’s purpose-fulfillments. Therefore in order to be sure that we make the best out of the season, the following daily practices could be handy:
- At least a Daily coordinated and sincere 10 minutes prayer to God.
- Reading the daily Catholic readings of everyday. And embrace the habit of reading catholic literature books about the lives of saints, the past popes, faith, etc.
- Volunteer to do good work for the church; either by cleaning the church, helping out with chores in the parish house, etc.
- Give alms to the needy around and beyond you.
- Try to pray for those whom you don’t like or people that don’t like you, pray good prayers of prosperity for them.
- Ensure to attend Mass everyday throughout of the season of lent (if daily obtainable in your Circumstances).
- Evangelize the catholic faith at every slight chance you get everyday wherever you find yourself. Tell them of the salvation that the season brings.
- Make this season not just a season to revive yourself alone, but ensure you build up your family as well by constantly organizing meetings where you could collectively pray and share the word of God together.
- Donate Items and materials like clothings, utensils, devices, etc to St. Vincent De Paul Societies in order that the poor and needy might be reached.
- Ensure to always go for confessions (possibly 3 times in a week).