Follow usTwitterFacebook

Latest

26 Oct 2015 News Vatican Comments (1)

Read: Address of Pope Francis at closing of Synod Meeting

Dear Beatitudes, Eminences and Excellencies, Dear Brothers and Sisters, I would like first of all to thank the Lord, who has guided our synodal process in t…

Read more

27 Oct 2016 News No comments

South African Church leaders warn against nation’s withdrawal from ICC

Church leaders have urged the South African government to reconsider their decision to leave the International Criminal Court South Africa’s withdrawal from th…

Read more

09 Sep 2014 Vatican No comments

Global organization of religions proposed to counter terrorism

Vatican City, Sep 9, 2014 / 01:14 pm .- In a recent meeting with Pope Francis, former Israeli president Shimon Peres suggested forming an “Organization of Unite…

Read more

16 Nov 2014 Q&A Comments (11)

What must a person do to receive the Eucharist after divorce if there is no remarriage? Is this reason not…

Full Question What must a person do to receive the Eucharist after divorce if there is no remarriage? Is this reason not to receive Communion? Answer   …

Read more

04 Oct 2016 Articles No comments

The Blessing of the Animals - What would St. Francis say about how we treat animals today?

October 4 is the feast day of St. Francis of Assisi, and a popular celebration is the blessing of the animals. On this day, people bring household pets to their…

Read more

19 Oct 2015 News Vatican No comments

Pope Francis canonises Louis and Zélie Martin

First canonisation of a married couple takes place in St Peter’s Square on Sunday Pope Francis has conducted the canonisation of Louis and Zélie Martin, the …

Read more

31 Aug 2016 Europe News USA Vatican Comments (4)

Nuns oppressed at French beach

Rudy Salles, the Deputy Mayor of Nice, released a statement on Sunday regarding the use of religious clothing at public beaches. While many stand by France's…

Read more

26 Aug 2016 Uncategorized No comments

Benedict XVI says he felt he had a ‘duty’ to resign because of his health

In a new interview the Pope Emeritus reveals his decision was forced by his inability to travel to Rio Retired Pope Benedict XVI has said in an interview that …

Read more

31 Oct 2014 Q&A Comments (2)

What is the real story about the order of the synoptic gospels?

Full Question I hear contradictory things about the order of the synoptic Gospels? What gives? Answer The traditional order, sometimes called t…

Read more
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
«
»

Greens ‘don’t want Catholic schools’ in Scotland, says Church education chief ahead of election

Michael McGrath, director of the Scottish Catholic Education Service, said that Green party policy would bring an end to state-funded Catholic education in Scotland

Voting Green in this Thursday’s election for the Scottish parliament is a vote to end Catholic education in the nation, according to the Church’s education chief in Scotland.

Michael McGrath, director of the Scottish Catholic Education Service, said that the Green party policy would bring an end to state-funded Catholic education in Scotland.

Although the policy was left out of the Green manifesto, McGrath accused the Green party of intolerance towards faith schools. “They don’t want Catholic schools and it’s important the electorate know that voting Green means you’re voting to end Catholic schools,” he said.

He added: “I would be interested to know what the thinking behind that policy is. It doesn’t seem to be about tolerating other people’s wishes, or allowing parental choices, but instead imposing a one size fits all system contrary to all developments in education all over the world.”

In a reference to the party not including the policy in their manifesto he said: “They’re trying to cover their tracks. They should be brave enough to stand behind their policy. They should be transparent about their desire to end Catholic schools.”

A spokesman for the Greens said: “The Scottish Greens’ policy remains to move toward an non-denominational education system in Scotland. The focus of this is not to close down schools but for greater integration.”









wpsd_autopost:
1

1 comment

  1. Barry John Reply

    Of course they dont, Green groups the world over are nothing but Marxists dressed as environmentalists. Only 10% of Greens policies are concerned with the environment, the other 90% deal with ‘social issues’ such as support for gay marriage, LGBTQxyz nonsense, pro abortion, ‘equality’, open border policies, etc. Theyd be at the front line when demanding funding for Islamic schools though.

Leave a Reply

  1. most read post
  2. Most Commented
  3. Choose Categories