The Holy Father has approved the promulgation of several decrees regarding miracles and martyrdom from the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, bringing 3 blesseds closer to sainthood after miracles credited to their intercession had been approved, and some 7 others on their way to beatification.
Below is a full list of the decrees.
– a miracle, attributed to the intercession of Blessed Stanislaus of Jesus and Mary Papczyński, O.I.C., Founder of the Congregation of Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary; born 18 May 1631 in Podegrodzie, Poland, and died 17 September 1701 in Góra Kalwaria;
– a miracle, attributed to the intercession of Blessed Jose Gabriel del Rosario Brochero, Diocesan priest; born 16 March 1840 in Córdoba, Argentina, and died 26 January 1914 in Córdoba, Argentina;
– a miracle, attributed to the intercession of Blessed Blessed José Luis Sánchez del Río, layperson, martyr; born 28 March 1913 in Sahuayo, Mexico, and died 10 February 1928 in Sahuayo, Mexico;
– a miracle, attributed to the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God Francesco Maria Greco, diocesan priest, founder of the Congregation of the Little Sisters of the Sacred Hearts; born 27 July 1857 in Acri, Italy, and died 13 January 1931 in Acri, Italy;
– a miracle, attributed to the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God Elisabetta Sanna, laywoman, widow, professed member of the Third Order of St Francis and member of the Union of Catholic Apostolate founded by St Vincent Pallotti; ; born 23 April 1788 in Codrongianos, Sardinia, and died 17 February 1857 in Rome;
– the martyrdom of the Venerable Servant of God Fr. Engelmar Unzeitig CMM (born Hubert), professed preist of the Congregation of the Mariannhill Mission Society, born 1 March 1911 in Greifendorf, Czech Republic (formerly Austria-Hungary), killed in hatred of the Faith on 2 March 1945;
– the martyrdom of the Servant of God Genaro Fueyo Castañón, diocesan priest, and three lay companions, killed in hatred of the Faith in 1936 in Spain;
– the martyrdom of the Servant of God Justo Takayama Ukon, layperson; born between 1552 and 1553 in Japan, and died from the hatred of the Faith on 3 February 1615 in Manila, Philippines;
– The heroic virtues of the Servant of God Arsenio da Trigolo (born Giuseppe Migliavacca), professed priest of the Order of Friar Minors Capuchin, Founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of Mary the Consoler; born 13 June 1849 in Trigolo, Italy, and died 10 December 1909 in Bergamo, Italy;
– The heroic virtues of the Servant of God Maria Luisa del Santissimo Sacramento (al secolo: Maria Velotti), of the Third Order of Saint Francis, foundress of the Institue of the Adoration Sisters of the Holy Cross; born 16 November 1826 in Naples, Italy, and died 3 September 1886 in Casoria, Italy.