Pope Francis has given us six new Beatitudes. The new lines are tailored for the problems of our modern age, as Pope Francis explained. “New situations require new energy and a new commitment.”
These Beatitudes fit well alongside the original Beatitudes that were offered by Jesus Christ during his famous Sermon on the Mount. Those Beatitudes are known to many, the first and most famous is, “Blessed are the poor in spirit.”
– Blessed are those who remain faithful while enduring evils inflicted on them by others and forgive them from their heart.
– Blessed are those who look into the eyes of the abandoned and marginalized and show them their closeness.
– Blessed are those who see God in every person and strive to make others also discover him.
– Blessed are those who protect and care for our common home.
– Blessed are those who renounce their own comfort in order to help others.
– Blessed are those who pray and work for full communion between Christians.
By Marshall Connolly