The Rosary is a very vital and powerful tool in the Catholic Church. Praying the Holy Rosary helps us to defeat the challenges that we may encounter in our daily activities. However, for the Rosary to be effective, we must have “Purity of Intention”. That is why St. Louis De Montfort in his book, “The Secret of the Rosary” (Section 41), emphasized the need for “Purity of Intention”. He stated that it is not the length of a Prayer that matters, but the Fervor, Purity and Respect with which it is said.
The Rosary renews our mind, passion, perseverance, endurance and hunger for serving our Lord Jesus and honor to our Mother Mary. Mary’s Intercessory Power is strong before the Throne of God because Jesus grants his mother whatever she wishes; this is why the Catholic Church recognizes the Power of the Rosary. The Rosary is used against evil principalities and powers.
Pope Pius IX said that if he had an army, saying the Rosary, he would conquer the world. This tells us that the world needs people who can say the Rosary unceasingly. The efficacy of the Rosary cannot be overemphasized because of the promises attached to it. If only we can say the Rosary fervently, we will surely benefit from the promises which were given to us by our Blessed Mother Mary. Brethren these promises are still effective.
The 15 Promises of Mary to Christians who recite the Rosary include;
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all who recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary will be a powerful armor against hell. It will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish, it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the heart of men from the love of the word and it vanities and will lift them to the desire of eternal things, oh, That souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune, God will not chastise him in his justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death, if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
- I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Brethren, we pray that our Mother Mary will give us the strength and zeal to pray the Rosary without ceasing, so that we will enjoy all the promises attached to it… Amen!
Glory to Jesus!
Honor to Mary!