10 Scriptures to remind you who loved you from the very start
Whether you were born into a Catholic household or came to Christ later in life, it is important to remember who loved you from before you were even conceived.
The Bible says God knew each and every single one of us long before we were ever born.
He knew what we would be and molded us perfectly in his image.
Too often we become preoccupied with worldly love but take a minute and examine the following scriptures, presented by Crosswalk, to recall our Heavenly Father loved us first:
- My being held no secrets from you, when I was being formed in secret, textured in the depths of the earth. Your eyes could see my embryo. In your book all my days were inscribed, every one that was fixed is there. – Psalm 139:15-16
- You must see what great love the Father has lavished on us by letting us be called God’s children — which is what we are! The reason why the world does not acknowledge us is that it did not acknowledge him. – 1 John 3:1
- Blessed are those who observe his instructions, who seek him with all their hearts – Psalm 119:2
- For I am certain of this: neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nothing already in existence and nothing still to come, nor any power, nor the heights nor the depths, nor any created thing whatever, will be able to come between us and the love of God, known to us in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:38-39
- And it is in him that we have received our heritage, marked out beforehand as we were, under the plan of the One who guides all things as he decides by his own will, chosen to be, for the praise of his glory, the people who would put their hopes in Christ before he came. – Ephesians 1:11-12
- I shall make an everlasting covenant with them, never to cease in my efforts for their welfare, and I shall put respect for me in their hearts, so that they will never turn away from me again. – Jeremiah 32:40
- Put avarice out of your lives and be content with whatever you have; God himself has said: I shall not fail you or desert you, – Hebrews 13:5
- So now, if you are really prepared to obey me and keep my covenant, you, out of all peoples, shall be my personal possession, for the whole world is mine. – Exodus 19:5
- Alleluia! Praise the Lord — it is good to sing psalms to our God — how pleasant to praise him. The Lord, Builder of Jerusalem! He gathers together the exiles of Israel, healing the broken-hearted and binding up their wounds; he counts out the number of the stars, and gives each one of them a name. – Psalm 147:1-4
- I am a friend to all who fear you and keep your precepts. – Psalm 119:63