FATE OF A NATION: Catholics called to prayer as election looms
The Trump/Pence campaign has asked for prayers as the nation moves closer to the election. A lot is at stake. Hillary Clinton and her team have promised to destroy the Catholic Church in America, describing Catholics as ‘backwards.’ Catholics need to unite in prayer to defeat what is obviously the influence of evil at the highest levels of our government. Please consider the heartfelt request below, issued in conjunction with Donald Trump’s Catholic Advisory Board.
Trump/Pence Campaign Catholic Advisory Group Launches First-Ever Presidential Campaign Rosary Prayer Chain
New York – Inspired by the power of prayer and the successful ministry of the late Father Patrick Peyton, also known as “The Rosary Priest” the Trump/Pence Campaign Catholic Advisory Group is launching the first-ever presidential campaign Rosary prayer chain for Catholics and all people of good will in the United States.
“Beginning today, and daily for the next three weeks, we are calling on clergy, religious and lay Catholics, across the United States, and our citizens abroad, particularly our servicemen and women to say one Rosary each day,” stated Joseph Cella the Catholic Liaison to the Trump/Pence campaign.
Cella noted the following examples of leading figures and events in history who turned to prayer during times of challenge or crisis:
- Saint Thomas More prayed intensely during his imprisonment in the Tower of London giving him great strength and peace before he was martyred.
- The Holy League, a coalition of European Catholic maritime states, credited the victory at the Battle of Lepanto to the Virgin Mary, whose intercession with God they had implored for victory through the praying of the Rosary.
- General George S. Patton requested his chaplain compose a prayer for favorable weather before the Battle of the Bulge, to which Patton attributed the six days of clear weather that followed, allowing the Third Army to relieve the 101st Airborne at Bastogne.
- The Block Rosary begun in neighborhood blocks in 1944 when thousands of families across the country would gather in each other’s homes rotating weekly to pray for soldiers and families suffering in World War II, and for the victory of the Allied forces.
- The many joyful conversions on the life issue that have occurred through people praying in front of Planned Parenthood abortion facilities.
The Rosary prayer chain calls for every family or individual to recite the Rosary once daily for the following intentions:
For Messrs. Trump and Pence and their families, the campaign, the staff and volunteers, and for victory in the election.
For the renewal of the United States through a restoration of our faith and culture, through the message of the Gospel and a dialogue with all people of good will.
For the softening of the hearts and the enlightening of the minds of Hillary Clinton and her staff so they may be more respectful to Catholics, the Catholic Church, and its teachings.
For the unity of our country during this transition of power and the fostering of peace and unity at home and abroad.
Participants are asked to conclude each decade by saying: “Our Lady of the Rosary, Saint Thomas More, Saint Pope John Paul, pray for us” and then conclude each Rosary with the prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel. A resource from the Knights of Columbus on praying the Rosary can be found here, and the prayer to Saint Michael can be found here.
Note: The Rosary is a Scripture-based meditative prayer in honor of the Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus, centering on the events of His life. It consists of a set number of specific prayers which includes the Apostles Creed, the Our Father, Hail Mary, and the Glory Be. The Catholic Church dedicates October as the Month of the Rosary.
By David Drudge